Electrical explosion at Google data center in Council Bluffs, Iowa, 3 are injured.


Earlier this week, an electrical incident took place at Googles data center in Council Bluffs, Iowa, injuring three people. A large electrical flare-up occurred while electricians were operating on a substation near the data center. Google reportedly suffered an outage due to this mishap. Electrical fires at data centers are rare but if it occurs, it can cause sever damage to the firm.

If you are running a data center or having in-house server system, be careful and take some preventive majors to fully avoid such incidents. We have have a bad habits of keeping flammable materials like curtains, used electronics wastes, etc. inside server room. Keep the waste at proper place. Mostly the loose connections causes electrical sparks and flammable things catch fire. Do Infrared scan of the main electrical connections to detect any loose connection that may cause spark.