• Hello and welcome! Register to enjoy full access and benefits:

• Advertise in the Marketplace section for free.
    • Get more visibility with a signature link.
    • Company/website listings.
    • Ask & answer queries.
    • Much more...

Register here or log in if you're already a member.

Is there any WHMCS alternative?

Bittebor

Reaction score
Balance
$0.3USD
I want to start a web hosting company, but WHMCS is expensive.

Is there any WHMCS alternative that is inexpensive and can serve as a substitute for WHMCS?

What are your WHMCS alternative recommendations?

RedV

Reaction score
Balance
$8.7USD
Yes, there are many alternatives to WHMCS including inexpensive one or substitute. After massive increase in price of WHMCS, there are rising demand for WHMCS alternatives. Many hosting companies are moving away to other billing platforms.

Here are my recommendations:

Paid Alternatives to WHMCS​

1. Blesta- User-friendly, 99% of the source code is open, and highly customizable. You can take advantage of their occasional offers as well. I think Blesta is the number one WHMCS competitor.
  2. HostBill - Modern look, with a client area design that is sleek and comes with support for multiple payment gateways and automation tools.
  3. Clientexec - Another WHMCS replacement. An easy-to-use billing and support system focused on small to medium-sized businesses.
  4. WISECP - Should be considered a top alternative to WHMCS. It includes billing, domain management, support, various modules/add-ons, and themes. I have been following WISECP since its inception, and the development progress is fast. They release new versions frequently, and it's easier to upgrade compared to WHMCS.
  5. Ubersmith - More expensive than WHMCS and mostly used by data centers and dedicated server providers. The starting price is $1,000 per month.
  6. BILLmanager - Includes multiple modules such as billing and support. They focus on web hosting billing and cloud hosting billing solutions.
  7. Atomia - Flexible web hosting billing software, primarily targeting Cloud Management Platforms. If you provide cloud hosting, Atomia is a good alternative to WHMCS for cloud hosting providers.
  8. BillingServ - A billing software hosted on the cloud network. There is no self-hosted version. The account limitations and pricing are similar to WHMCS.
  9. AWBS - Another competitor to WHMCS, and the best part is it has a one-time pricing model.
  10. APIHawk - Next-generation billing and automation software for web hosting companies.

Open Source & Free WHMCS Alternatives:

1. TheHostingTool - A popular billing software among free hosting providers. TheHostingTool, also known as THT, is free billing software. It supports cPanel, PayPal, and has many other features.
  2. ZBillingNET - An open-source billing system built on the .NET platform by a Portuguese developer. ZBillingNET is a good alternative to WHMCS for an open-source billing system.
  3. BoxBilling - It was gaining popularity but is no longer under active development.
  4. FOSSBilling - A fork of the open-source BoxBilling software. Development is active, and you should try it. FOSSBilling has various features that are useful for web hosting providers.
  5. Kill-Bill - An open-source hosting billing software for web hosters.

In total, I have listed 15 alternatives of WHMCS, including both paid and free billing software. It took hours to make this list, and I will keep updating it. Please subscribe if you like my WHMCS alternative list.

Last edited by a moderator:

TechTutorials

Reaction score
Balance
$7.5USD
+1 for Blesta and HostBill.

I have never used any other web hosting billing software, so I cannot comment on them.

eclixoaj

Reaction score
Balance
$0.1USD
I want to start a web hosting company, but WHMCS is expensive.

Is there any WHMCS alternative that is inexpensive and can serve as a substitute for WHMCS?

What are your WHMCS alternative recommendations?
I am a wordpress developer I was selling my own hosting but they changed price from 18$ USD to 24$ USD per month and I had enough I made my own whmc alternative using wordpress itself, connecting woocommerce subscription with whm and enom via api so i cna sell them as product via woocommerce and I moved all my clients from whmcs to my own system and saved more than 144$ this month.